I had 50 free prints from shutterfly, so I made a backer, and put two on a 4×6 sized black JPG and sent it in as a photo. 50 free means I now have 100 ATC backers for $4.00 Color and durable.
I wrote on a test one with Sharpie ultra fine point marker and it worked awesome. No smudging. Dried right away.
I got Matte prints so they aren’t as shiny. That may play into why its so easy to write on without any smears.
I put one of my awesome clear ATCs that I got from swap-bot awhile back up to the ones I got today, and they line up perfect. Even if they’re a little smaller than the ATC, there is a wide black strip around it, you you can cut it larger if you need to. Can’t really beat all that. I like the fact that I’m not wasting my own ink. I never have photos I really need printed when they throw the LOTS OF FREE PHOTOS IF YOU COME BACK at me, so I think from now on, I’ll just use those to get backers when I need them. Bonus, I can change around what my backers look like each time, so they never grow old.
Below are 3 backers I made that you can DL and print out with a photo service yourself using the 4×6 inch format. Black, Blue, and a Pinkish Purple are the colors you can pick from. Just click on the photo to download the full sized file.
- “Fuck You” ATC (oddxbroad.wordpress.com)
- ATC Complete! (lovelucie1.wordpress.com)
- Todays stuff. (oddxbroad.wordpress.com)
- Received (oddxbroad.wordpress.com)
- Down the rabbit hole Collection – Red Queen. (oddxbroad.wordpress.com)
- Wip (oddxbroad.wordpress.com)
- nightmare before xmas atc collection #4 (oddxbroad.wordpress.com)